Monday, October 12, 2009

A Nobel Problem

What a world we live-in when winning the Nobel Peace Prize will harm the recipient. When we are discussing if winning the biggest prize of the world is good or bad for the President.

I think the Nobel Peace Prize is undeserving for Obama. I wish he had refused to accept it. But I'm very happy they gave it to him. It will give him so much advantage in his fight against the establishment. Esp in his peace efforts in Middle East & his desire to get out of AfPak war without a disaster.
For once I agree with Rush Limbaugh. He thinks that the Norwegians gave this to him to put pressure on him to work towards peace. Duh! I don't see anything wrong in that. But its interesting to watch 90% of the people bitching about it.
Maureen Dowd wrote a really hilarious op-ed about it.

1 comment:

alex said...

I agree with what the norweigian said. It was adding pressure on him to perform. I strongly beleive he can and he will. Deep down i feel he should not have accepted it.

Between i have never heard a man who could speak so articulately about healthcare and with such conviction. Your jaws drop. alex