Monday, March 16, 2009

BlackHand of Mexican Mafia

I just finished listening to the Audio Book of The Black Hand: The Bloody Rise and Redemption of "Boxer" Enriquez, a Mexican Mob Killer this afternoon. After I finished listening to the last CD, I turned on the car radio & 5 minutes later Pat Morrison started talking about Mexican Mafia on NPR. I thought - "Ah, what a strange co-incidence it was." I realised within seconds that it was not just about the dreamed Mexican Mafia LeMe, It was actually a interview with the man himself - Rene Enriquez. I immidiately started calling NPR. I finally got through & give my questions to the screener. I was asked to be on hold. But my turn never came. There were so many questions I wanted to ask him.
1) How is your son Bobby doing?
2) Whats your opinion on the dramatic increase in violence in the drug cartels of Mexico.
3) Do you think Cocaine & Heroin should be legalized.

After reading the book, I'm not sure about my opposition to Death Sentence anymore. Maybe some people are just pure evil & do not deserve any space in our society.

I also wanted to congratulate Rene on his bold decision & wish him good luck to "live" every day with a good heart.

Here is the debrief he gave the prison officials after he defected from LeMe



Via Con Dios Rene....

No comments: