Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Week 11, 2009

Not much new music happened this last week. I spent most of my time listening to audio books about America.

1) Jon Stewart Presents America: A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction

2) I Am America (And So Can You!) - Stephen Colbert

3) Nothing's Sacred - Lewis Black

Jon Stewart's America is a really funny history lesson of America.
I'm halfway into the other 2 books.

I was listening to some of my older cds i made last year. These 5 songs stand out from last week.

1) La Femme d'Argent - Air I just love to hear this song once every week. I feel like this song just creeps up on me & starts making love to me.

2) Streets - Nitin Sawhney My fav Nitin Sawhney song. Not very known even among his fans I think. I would love to use it one day in a film. Couldnt find a link on youtube. Its from the album Displacing The Priest

3) Differente - Gotan Project When will I get around to learning Tango?

4) I Dream - Blindboy. I could not find any link anywhere for this song. Jason Eldridge opened his set on March 21 Sat Night with this song. It used a signature Pink Floyd tune very beautifully.

No comments: